Committee Report: Animal Welfare Committee
Members – Chairman Bipin Vazirani and Co-Chair Priyasri Patodia, Hiren Kara, Ramon Kriplani, Framoze Mehta, Samir Chinai
Director – Madhusudan Daga
Future Project for BSPCA-Bombay Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals:-Ongoing
– A vehicle with a ramp for moving injured large animals who treatment/ shelter/ sterilization
– ECG machine for the ICU
– Solar plant for their exterior space due to large area the cost is high can be joint project with Environment committee.
Project for WSD-Welfare Of Stray Dogs -Ongoing
– 1 to 3rd phase of restoration and renovation of the WSD premise is complete to take up 3, 4 & 5 the phase 3500 sq ft Repari of garden area of 3216 sqaure feet. This is the same area which we had helped to fix the drainage. The following work needs to be carried out here.
1) The slum has been demolished and we need to fix the compound wall.
2) A creation of a garbage storage section with a partition at the corner.
3) Repairs of the hedging around the trees and section adjoining the wall.
4) Creation of a grill with a door separating the OPD section and garden.
5) Creating a garden with plants.
– WSD is starting a new centre at Navy Nagar Mumbai, they will be submitted a detailed report on their requirement we would want to support them to the maximum..
We will continue to support Animals (PETA) to fight against abolishing horse carriages(Victoria’s) in the City of Mumbai. (ongoing)
WFA World for all organization–pick up and sterilization of cats at cuffe parade and providing them with animal ambulance-New project Suggested by Ramesh Narayan SOS–save our strays providing them with eeco van for pick up for strays (last year commitment)
Working with AAC who partner with YODA AND SPCA “hospital adoption” programme as one of the “Rotary Causes”. In a nut shell our team at the hospital plays the role of a caregiver and an adoption coordinator for the all the animals (dogs and cats) that don’t have a pet parent / care giver / “owner”. The profile of these animals is street animals and or abandoned pets. expenses per month work out to around Rs 70,000 /- which goes to the below cost heads (Suggested by Bipin Vazirali)
Working with Shelter for Cows suggested by Hiren Kara (he will provide details)
We also request that there should be a corpus created for the Animal
Welfare Committee so that all donations stay in the corpus and projects lasting longer than a year can be adopted. Our estimate and request for budget is Rs.30,00,000/- (Rupees Thirty lakhs only). All detailed estimated quotations have been sent earlier though email but our the budget given to us is 20,00,000. Thus we have cut down some other requirments which could wait and will not exceed the amount assighned to us.
Kindly accede to our request at the earliest so that we can set our plans in motion from the 1st of July.
Rotarian Bipin Vazirani and Priyasri Patodia
(Animal Welfare Committee)
Aprox costing of the projects quotations are attached for clarification SOS
– 3 quotation of van
Eeco Ambulance- 471919/-
Ecco Ambulance with std cng – 451307/-
Eeco Ambulance – 425794/-
-Cost for trap, spay/neuter, release of 50 cats Rs.48,800/- every month for three months total –
– 2 quotation for van
Eeco Ambulance – 425919/-
Eeco Ambulance – 434919/-
-3,4 & 5 phase repair and restoration- 385870/-
– Gardan area 3216 sq feet 3-4 lakhs SPCA
-ECG machine for the ICU around 1.5 lakh-2 lack (quotation yet to come)