Health check-up for the elderly
The Rotary Club of Bombay’s Elder Care Committee and Cotton Green Committee organised a comprehensive check-up for members of the new Ananda Yaan Centre that opened at Dr. E Moses Road, Worli, recently.
Members visited the Cotton Green Clinic on March 1, 2019. The check-up was smoothly coordinated by Vrushali Palwankar from the Rotary office and the Dignity foundation team who manage the RCB-supported Ananda Yaan Centre.
SENIOR CITIZENS GOT MULTIPLE CHECK-UPS BY PROFESSIONAL DOCTORS IN A SINGLE LOCATION, FREE OF COST.
- A homeopathic healer, Dr. Rekha from PP Rtn. (Dr.) Mukesh Batra’s clinic saw 22 patients. She saw their
blood sugar reports and prescribed necessary medicines.
- An ophthalmologist, Dr. Maneck Nicholson checked around 18 patients and suggested cataract operations for three of them.
- Dentists, Dr. Mallika Thanawalla and Dr. Pratik checked their teeth. Some patients will be required to visit again for root canal procedures. Tests and x-rays will be required for others.
- A general physician, Dr Atique checked the grandchildren of some members.
- Cotton Green receptionist Ms. Shilpa Pawar assisted Dr. Atique. They were given nutrition supplements for free. Height, weight and growth of head for all children were checked.
The elders were thrilled to benefit from the charitable clinic run by the Rotary Club of Bombay in association with the Bombay Cotton Merchant and Muccadams Association Ltd. at Cotton Green. They enjoyed the bus ride and the snacks organised by Rtn. Charu Agrawal. The members have expressed a desire to go back to the clinic on their own for