RCB Plea: Participate in Akshaye Patra’s Donation Drive

 In Nutrition ( Akshay Patra)

Rtn. PP Dr. Zerxis Umrigar and Rtn. PP Harry Singh Arora present all Rotarians with the altruistic opportunity to participate in the famous Akshaye Patra Donation Drive. The announcement made spiritedly for the same, on the 17th of November during the Club Meeting, itself was able to raise nearly Rs. 6 lacs – all in a few minutes! This show of generosity, which is the hallmark of every Rotarian, will go a long way in helping the hungry and growing children of our nation. The Akshaye Patra Foundation provides meals to school students across India under the ‘Midday Meal Program’. Working in tandem with ten state governments nationally, it delivers freshly cooked nutritious meals to over fourteen lakh children in 10,770schools or 300 million meals a year!!

The Foundation gets a 60% funding from the Government with the remaining 40% supported by external funds, bringing forth the brilliant opportunity for the Rotarians to participate in a cause that is central in ensuring the good health of the oncoming generation. Donations are requested to be made to the tune of Rs. 3000/- and in multiples thereof. A single donation amount of Rs. 3000/- would feed 4 children for an entire academic year. Once can only imagine the kind of relief it must be for the parents to know that their children are being looked after, as far as their daily nutrition needs are concerned.

Please note that the donations will avail of 100% Tax Exemption. Rotarians are requested to shower their compassion on this noble mission by making out your donations by cheque to ‘The Akshaya Patra Foundation’ and have these delivered to the Rotary office or directly to Rtn. PP Dr. Zerxis Umrigar or Rtn. PP Harry Singh Arora. Rotarians are also requested to share this message with any individuals or trusts that would be interested in participating in this mission dedicated to improving the health, nutrition and education of our nation’s future – our children!

Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search