The Tadoba Tiger Reserve Excursion
The Environment Committee, under Rtn. Jagdish Malkani’s initiative, has organized an exciting action-packed trip to Tadoba, which, according to experts, is the best forest reserve in the country for viewing tigers at short distances. The undulating topography of this beautiful wild paradise comprises densely covered hills with mixed forests, belts of bamboo, deep valleys, river beds, lakes and grassy meadows providing suitable habitat to a wide range of flora, fauna and birds, with the core area concept denoting critical tiger habitat which is subject to intense conservation measures with human intervention being minimal.
The details of the trip are as follows: Dates: Friday March 4, 2016 to Sunday March 6, 2016 Resort:
i) Hotel Irai Safari retreat (HISR), comprising 6 Luxury Rooms and 8 air-conditioned tents.
ii) Serai Tiger Camp (STC) comprising 15 air-conditioned tents, no rooms. Flight details from Mumbai to Nagpur (2 options): Via Indigo – Flt. No.: 6E 543 – Timing: 0820 to 0950 hours Via Jet Airways – Flt. No.: 9W 7171 – Timing: 08.30 to 1000 hours Return Flight details from Nagpur to Mumbai: Via Indigo – Flt. No.: 6E404 – Timing: 2025 to 2155 hours Via Jet Airways – Flt. No.: 9W 7134 – Timing: 1710 to 1835 hours Airfare Indigo: Rs 6, 500/- return fare Jet Airways: Rs 9, 800/- return fare Accommodation Cost: HISR: Twin sharing basis: Rs. 19,148/- and Rs. 17, 958/- for double room/tent Single occupancy: Rs. 25, 166/- and Rs. 23,702/- for Room/tent (All-inclusive, except airfare) STC (Only tent accommodation): Twin sharing basis: Rs. 16, 767/- Single occupancy: Rs. 21, 373/- (All-inclusive, except airfare)
• It takes about 3/3.5 hours to and from Nagpur / Tadoba.
• Both resorts are about 2 km apart.
• Itinerary will include 4 jungle excursions: Friday afternoon, Saturday morning and evening, and Sunday morning in jeeps with expert guides.
• For air bookings, please indicate your airline preference between Indigo or Jet Airways. (Indigo is recommend being economical and being all together will ease logistics and prove to be more fun!)
• Airfares are indicative.
The travel agent will try to get the best rate on the day of booking. However, since we will be ‘spot booking’, refunds will not be possible for cancellations/ rescheduling. For independent bookings, you could avail our travel agent Holidays @ Leisure, Mr. Rahul Sartape at M: 9619047448 or mail at rsartape@holidaysatle isure.com
• Due to over-booking, we have asked for an advance of Rs 20, 000/- per head for either option. Final accounts per person will be sorted on return. Alternatively, with early feedback from Rotarians, we could return the Rs 20, 000/- cheques work with specifics.
• Our booking preference will give priority to IRAI, followed by HTC.
• Those booking a Double room will have to bear the Double Room charges even if they convert later to a Single room, unless they can find someone to share the same.