Women’s Empowerment Committee Report 2016
The projects undertaken by the Women’s Empowerment Committee are as follows:
1. Donated Rs.1,00,000/- to the Rotary Club of Porvorim, Goa, to create Awareness and provide Aid for Women’s Cancer.
2. Supported the Districts Heart Surgeries.
3. Planned the possibilities of building toilets in the slums.
4. Conducted 3 successful Medical camps for the children of BY, Savera and Garden School at the International Women’s Association (IWA) Clinic.
Other Ongoing projects include:
1. Tending to patients who are regularly coming for Dental, Gynecology and General practitioners advice and medicines. The number of patients have increased from 35 a month to over 200 a month within a span of one year.
2. Providing nutritious food to the children of Garden School.
Projects planned for the second half of the Rotary year include:
1. To open X-Ray, Dermatology, Nutrition and Pediatric Departments on the 1st floor of the IWA Clinic.
2. To introduce nutritional food supplements to underprivileged children.
3. To continue conducting medical camps for underprivileged women and children.